1) Download the Angstrom installkit tarball from the download location.
2) Untar it and copy the 3 files inside the directory to the root directory of your CF card
The steps to flash the are:
1) Ensure that your C7×0 machine has a standard flash partitioning (e.g. as it was originally), flashing may fail if this is not the case
2) Unplug AC power jack.
3) Turn the zaurus over and flip the battery case switch to "Unlocked". Remove the battery cover and remove the battery - there is no HW reset button that I’m aware of.
4) Wait, 1 second seems to be sufficient.
5) Replace the battery and the battery cover and switch to "Locked".
6) Insert the CF card with the image in the root, as described above.
7) Plug in the AC power jack. The yellow charge lamp must be on indicating external power, or you will get an error message in japanese later.
8) Press the "OK" key in front of the space bar and keep it pressed while pressing the "On/Off" button on the back side.
9) The Maintenance Screen will display. Choose "Update" this is item 4.10) The next screen will ask the source, choose "CF" this is item 2.
11) The next screen asks for confirmation, choose "Yes" this is the left button
The Zaurus will now erase the flash, and then write the new image.
The Zaurus will now reboot to your new Operating System
Note that the flashing process does not erase your /home directory, therefore settings from other systems may remain there and possibly cause problems